Dakota Johnson to star as Sony’s ‘Madame Web’ in new movie
Depending on the varietyDakota Johnson joins the Sony universe wonder characters, as she’s been cast as Madame Web in Sony’s upcoming standalone superhero movie.
What is happening:
- The casting of Dakota Johnson marks the first modern comic book adaptation from Sony to feature a woman in the title role. Insiders close to the project point out that Johnson’s deal is not done, but confirm that she is in talks to get the role.
- SJ Clarkson, known for her work on Netflix Jessica Jones and The defenderswill lead Madame Web. Matt Sazama and Burk Sharpless, the Duo Behind Jared Leto’s Next Vampire Cooler Morbiuswill write the screenplay.
- In the comics, Madame Web is the key to the interconnected multiverse. Indeed, the mind-blowing theory involves several versions of characters from different timelines which, in the case of Spider-Man: Into the Spider-Verse and Spider-Man: No Coming Homemay intersect in varying degrees of chaos.
- Web often appears as a supporting character in Spider-Man comics, where she is depicted as a blind, paralyzed elderly woman with myasthenia gravis, a chronic autoimmune disease that requires her to tune into a life support system. resembling a spider’s web.
- The character was introduced in issue #210 of The Amazing Spider-Man comic book series in 1980, where she is a clairvoyant mutant whose abilities prove highly beneficial to Spider-Man and his fellow arachnid allies, like Spider-Woman.
- Madame Web is just one of many Spider-Man related spinoffs in the works at Sony, as they seek to diversify their Spidey projects away from the Marvel Cinematic Universe with films such as Venom and Morbius.