CUNA Loan Board Announces 2020 Award Winners | 2020-12-04
The CUNA Loans Council announced its 2020 winners during the virtual conference on November 4, 2020. Click on here to see the full price presentation.
“This is how we recognize our best and brightest,” said Jim Block, chairman of the CUNA Loan Board and senior vice president of the BCU. “Loan Board members nominate their peers or their own internal stars of credit unions that deserve attention.”
Three credit professionals have been named individual award recipients:
- Phil Greer Lifetime Achievement Award: Lloyd gill, VP Loans & CEO – Retired, Fort Lauderdale, Fla. Gill was selected by the CUNA Loan Board Executive Committee as someone who embodies leadership, passion and commitment to the credit union industry .
- Rising Star Award: Tim dunham, Vice President of Consumer Loans, Credit Union of America, Wichita, Kan. This award recognizes a promising leader in the field of credit union loans.
- Best Community Contributor Award: Casey Perkins, Vice President, Consumer Loans, Ent Credit Union, Colorado Springs, Colorado. This price recognizes the sharing and collaboration within the CUNA Loan Council community.
Excellence in loans award, who honor credit unions that exemplify lending excellence by going beyond their role of serving members while maintaining strong credit union finances, went:
- Bbusiness loans (assets of $ 500 million to $ 1 billion): ValleyStar Checkout, Martinsville, Virginia – for creating their own Payroll Protection Program (PPP) lookalike program to help their existing member companies
- Business loans (assets over $ 1 billion): ONE Caisse populaire, Ferndale, Michigan – for their Payroll Protection Program (P3) which has saved more than 3,000 jobs in their market
- Consumer loans (assets between $ 500 million and $ 1 billion): Thrivent Credit Union, Appleton, Wisconsin – for their “automated underwriting”, digitally serving and signing / disbursing loans in minutes
- Consumer loans (assets between $ 500 million and $ 1 billion): University Caisse populaire, Los Angeles – for partnering with Harland Clarke to create a one-click loan pre-approval process
- Consumer and mortgage Loans (assets over $ 1 billion): gESA Credit Union, Richland, Washington – for researching an innovative solution to dramatically improve the speed and cost of mortgage and consumer loan processing through robotic process automation
- Mortgages (assets less than $ 500 million): Texas Credit Union Star, Austin, Texas – for creating an ITIN mortgage program that helped members move away from “hard money” lenders
For more information visit cunacouncils.org.